Although yesterday's storm has passed, we are still dying to put on some cozy pajamas, wrap ourselves up in a huge blanket and pretend like the outside world doesn't exist. But, as we must keep our bakery running, despite the weather, we thought we would write a list of things to do to beat the cold.
Ganache Macaron Top Tips!
1. Indulge yourself in a cold-weather treat. One of our favourites is a nice hot coffee or tea paired with some simple and sweet vanilla macarons with blue shells and filling of course! A little treat can help keep you motivated to make it through the day at work or school.
2. Exercise. We know that it does not sound very nice to go out and exercise in this weather, but it can improve your mood, warm up your muscles and give you the energy to stay focused during the day.
3. Have a Hot and Healthy Meal. Soup is a great cold weather friend. Its healthy, it warms your insides and it actually keeps you fuller for longer. Jamie Oliver has some great soup recipes, including this Seasonal Squash Soup.
4. Relax. Take some time for yourself to enjoy a good book or catch up on your favourite box set. There is no need to take on more work when you are spending time coping with the weather.
5. Get Your Holiday Shopping Done! By this time of year some people will already be prepared for Christmas, Hanukkah and The New Year...while others haven't even given the holidays a thought.
Our advice: Get your holiday shopping done as soon as possible to avoid long queues and even worse weather in November and December. Our Macaron Kits and Macaron Gift Boxes make great gifts for foodies, keen bakers and for those with a sweet tooth!
Have a great week!
xx Ganache Macaron xx
Day to day musings from the team at Ganache Macaron, on macarons, events, London life and what's baking our kitchen!